Over my 11 years at Us Weekly, I regularly conducted and co-produced exclusive Live Events for key clients and staffers. Stand-outs: The “Glee” cast, Rob Lowe, Matt Bomer, Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Caitlyn (then Bruce) Jenner, Joe Manganiello, Joan and Melissa Rivers, Pam Anderson, the “American Idol” winners and runners-up (annual), Snooki and the “Jersey Shore” cast, Denise Richards, Paula Abdul, Kendra Wilkinson, Luke Perry, NKOTB, Andy Cohen, Bethenny Frankel and nearly every Bravo TV “Real Housewives” cast member. A few memories in this slideshow:
• This Us Weekly live Q&A with Tori Spelling became a segment on Oxygen’s “Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.”
LGBT-oriented interviews hosted in front of audiences:
• Conducted Q&A with marriage equality icon Jim Obergefell just hours after the Orlando tragedy
• Conducted Q&A with controversial Vanity Fair writer/memoirist Kevin Sessums about about his descent into meth addiction.
• Stand-out past interviews: author/Sirius host Michelangelo Signorile, former N.J. Gov. James McGreevey, actor Richard Chamberlain (whom I’d interviewed for Newsweek), and Mad Men’s Bryan Batt.
Speeches I wrote for LGBT events:
• A speech I wrote for the Family Equality award recipient Tony Hynes, author of “The Son with Two Moms.”
• A speech summarizing Family Equality Council’s work, delivered by the board chair of Family Equality Council at the L.A. Impact Awards. Here’s the video.
• A speech summarizing Family Equality Council’s work, delivered by the board chair of Family Equality Council at the New York Night at the Pier. Here’s the video.
• A speech I wrote for Family Equality award recipient Rob Scheer, headliner at the L.A. Impact Awards, who went on to appear on “Ellen” in 2017
• A speech I wrote for an LGBTQ family screening of “Finding Nemo” during NYC Pride in 2015