I’ve interviews hundreds of celebrities and newsmakers over my career at Newsweek and Us Weekly, from Michael B. Jordan to Pamela Anderson to Philip Seymour Hoffman to Camille Paglia. Tom Cruise’s representatives asked me to join him for a in Calabasas, CA, at the height of his romance with Katie Holmes. It became the subject of this editor’s letter from Editor-in-Chief Janice Min. And I even once sat down for a 1:1 with Jennifer Aniston, but the piece was killed. (Tell you in person.) You’ll see a sampling of the print interviews below.
Also, over my years at Us Weekly, I regularly co-produced and moderated Live Event Q&As with newsmakers in front of hundreds of staffers and key advertiser clients. Stand-outs: The “Glee” cast, Rob Lowe, Matt Bomer, Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Caitlyn (then Bruce) Jenner, Joe Manganiello, Joan and Melissa Rivers, Pam Anderson, the “American Idol” winners and runners-up (annual), Snooki and the “Jersey Shore” cast, Denise Richards, Paula Abdul, Kendra Wilkinson, Luke Perry, NKOTB, Andy Cohen, Bethenny Frankel and nearly every Bravo TV “Real Housewives” cast member. A few memories in this slideshow:
Other stand-out interviews:
• This Us Weekly live Q&A with Tori Spelling became a segment on Oxygen’s “Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.”
• Tom Cruise’s representatives asked me to join him for a in Calabasas, CA, at the height of his romance with Katie Holmes. It became the subject of this editor’s letter from Editor-in-Chief Janice Min.
• Dustin Hoffman Q&A
• Philip Seymour Hoffman profile
• Roger Ebert Q&A — Newsweek.com
• Mark Burnett Q&A — Newsweek.com
• Camille Paglia Q&A — Newsweek.com
• David LaChapelle profile — New York Magazine
• Jay Mohr profile — Movieline
• Director Ethan Cohn Q&A — Manhattan File
• Michael Stipe interview — Manhattan File
• Neve Campbell interview — Time Out New York